Saturday, August 31, 2013

Star Surround Flimsie Finish

I kill myself.  Somehow, I was under the impression that Friday (yesterday) was the last day to get this finished.  I sewed like a mad woman, forsaking all household duties and responsibilities.  Finished the last stitch, ran outside and flung it over the deck railing for the photo shoot just as big fat rain drops started falling.  Snap....got it!  Made the deadline.  Back inside to the computer to post and take a last peep at the instructions.  Oh.  Never mind.  Here it is anyway.

The colors are pretty washed out in this picture, kind of a good thing considering how retina searingly bright it is in real life.  Lots of the fabrics read as solids too, though there are no solids in the quilt.  I like the block and enjoyed learning Melissa's technique for making flying geese.  Don't think I really care for blocks this large though.  Mine is 16 twenty four inch blocks and it's huge!  Now to find nine yards of backing fabric that I can buy and still keep food in the house.

Linking up to Melissa's blog for this portion of the QAL.  Thanks, Melissa!

6 comments:

Shirley said...

Wow! That is a large top! Great job!

Sew and Sow Farm said...

It is gorgeous! Great job. I love it.
xo jan

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Lovely! And I thought the one I made was large. It will look beautiful on a bed.

Jessica Jo said...

Yeah, making the blocks so big was new to me too, but this looks lovely! If you say it's brighter than this then Wow! You got a popper!

Melissa Corry said...

Absolutely stunning!! What a fantastic finish!! Sorry about the mix up in the deadline, but at least it is finished now ;) And you can always use a cotton sheet for backing, it can be less expensive than yardage ;)

Barb in Mi said...

Beautiful!!!