Thursday, October 30, 2014

Stars & Strips, QOV and Blogger's Quilt Festival

Since I never blogged about this quilt, I thought I'd go ahead and do Blogger's Quilt Festival.  Can you even be considered a blogger when you post as infrequently as I do?  Anyway, here it is....my festival entry and my first offering for Quilts of Valor!



It's called Stars & Strips, a pattern by Bev Getschel that appeared in the May/June issue of McCalls Quilting.  The pattern is really easy, but it was a lot of fun and I was able to make it entirely from stash.  You can just make out the quilting which is rows of really, really big feathers.  It was a quick project and I was glad to be able to support Quilts of Valor.  Forgot to take a picture of the pillowcase I made for the presentation, but it was pretty cute.  

I don't recall the size of this quilt and I'm too lazy to go find my magazine, but it met the QOV size requirement, so I'm putting it in the large quilt category.  Hope to get a chance to spend some quality time over at Amy's Creative Side this weekend and check out all the festival quilts.  Hope you do too!

9 comments:

Rebecka said...

Your quilt is beautiful. Love all the scraps in the strips. Great Quilt for QOV!! I looked through your blog and you have made some beautiful quilts. :)

Rachel @ Quiltineering said...

I made this quilt too a few months ago too. It was certainly a fun one to put together!! Yours is fabulous :)

Nan said...

Just had to stop in and say, thanks for your visit to my blog! Your Stars and Stripes quilt is absolutely beautiful!!! It is so nicely done!!! I haven't quilted for years but I know that it's a lot of time and work. Well done!!!

Allie said...

That is a fabulous quilt, what a blessing it will be to someone. I really like the pattern and you've done a marvelous job!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful quilt, I like all of the blue fabrics together

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! The recipient will love it, I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful QOV! I love it!

Love Of Quilts said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

Jane you stars and strips quilt is perfect. Loving the placement, colors and quilting. Isn't the bloggers quilt festival FUN! So many beautiful things to see. Thanks for stopping by the blog and keep up the great work. Karen