So, here's the baby quilt from last Monday's design wall posting. Finished, quilted and gifted!
And another straight on shot. I've got to get better with the photos, I know.
I can't believe how much time this itty bitty quilt took. It ate an entire week! But then again, I did a lot more quilting on it than necessary. An all over stipple would have sufficed. But I've been so loving trying different things and every quilt is an opportunity to practice and learn.
I outline quilted the little bugs & birdies and flowers in the center panel squares and then did loops & daisies in the borders, except for the striped border. There I did straight lines at random intervals following the fabric design.
I also finally did a mitered join on the binding, and it worked! Last time I tried it got all twisted and I didn't notice till I'd already trimmed and I didn't have any more of the fabric & it was a disaster! Now I've got it.
Oh, and I'm linking up to Fabric Tuesday! Always lots of pretty things to see!