Wednesday, August 10, 2011

MTV SEWING

Mindless television sewing?  Potato chip piecing (you can't make just one)?  I started basting these little hexagons last summer and kept basting sporadically through the year.  This resulted in piles of hexie flowers with no plan attached.  Couldn't bear the thought of appliqueing them onto solid squares or worse still, basting a bunch more solid hexagons to go between the hexagon flowers so I just started sewing them together.  There's still no real plan, but one may be forming as I hand stitch my way through all six seasons of Lost.  Yes, we just got Netflix. 


Other people are being more productive and focused over at Freshly Pieced.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

i stitched through all six seasons of lost, too! on netflix, no less.

enjoy!

Krista Schneider said...

i sew to netflix too! haven't ever watched lost (it just seems a little out there, haha) but i've been watching the tudors (i dunno, i like to pretend i'm learning) and the office! the hexies look awesome and i totally dig the whole "no plan attached" thing. i do that all the time!

SoSarahSews said...

Your post made me laugh. I don't even sit or lay in bed watching tv anymore without something in my hands to sew. My husband wonders how I do it, but I'll just tell him there are women all over the world who do it, too. We are better at multi-tasking than men are! And btw-I like the look. I would've done the same thing. :)

Marg said...

We don't have netflix here but I try to make sue that I always have some hand sewing to keep me occupied when watching TV. Love your hexies.

CraftyGardenMom - Tanesha said...

Those hexies are gorgeous plan or no plan!!!

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

That looks fun! Old X Files episodes inspire my crocheting (via Netflix too).